Monday, July 15, 2013

Captured Memories Challenge - Part 2


Welcome back to our mid-month dose of inspiration for our Captured Memories challenge.  You are all so creative and we are seeing some wonderful entries into this challenge!  We hope the rest of you will find the time to play along with us for this challenge.  You can find all the main details, challenge rules and the linking feature in this post.


Here are the Captured Memories samples from the other half of our design team:


My memories piece is actually a very recent photo.  A couple of weeks ago my husband and I had a little get-away to Sanibel Island on the west coast of Florida.  I took the photo on the beach, printed it in black and white and then aged it with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I made a sea scape background using Artistic Outpost stamps and added a wonderful verse...a great memory of a wonderful escape weekend.




Alison
 

I added to the challenge of using a photograph by challenging myself to try a layout - not something that I really do.   In fact, it has ended up as a canvas, but that's the way it goes sometimes!  I wanted to play with some Pion papers that I was lucky enough to win recently, and what with those and my usual texture paste and distressing, I had an absolute ball!  Do come and check out the romantic story behind the photo too...





Claudia 


I created a mixed media necklace using a childrens photograph that (very likely) shows my great-grandfather and his brother. I have a lot of fond memories for my "Opa-a" (as I used to call him when I was little), whom I had the great luck to know, as he got 93 years of age. He used to take me to his study, crammed with lovely old furniture and paintings and his fantastic old style communications receiver with the names of all the great cities in the world on it....it always felt like I had entered a world of its own. Our very own secret place. 



Anne


When I saw Linda's challenge I got my box of family photos out and had a great trip down memory lane.  My Brother lives 5,000 miles away, so I don't get to see him very often these days and I just love this photo.   It brought back wonderful memories.  The sentiment is just so true for the two of us and really makes me smile.  I made this cabinet card for his next birthday, hope it gives him a smile too!



There are two more weeks of this challenge left, so why not have fun creating something that contains a photograph
 
The deadline for this challenge is Sunday 28th July at 11.55pm.
The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th August.


The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview (so we can find out all about them) and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created.


The winner's Top Talent interview and creation will be on the 22nd September.

Make sure you join us again for those dates and remember that the next challenge will go 'live' on 1st July when Alison announces her theme. Come and see what surprises are in store for you and where your next OCC challenge journey will take you!




8 comments:

  1. Stunning makes teamies! Beautiful work. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work all round - so proud to play with you all!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb samples from everyone here. You are all so inspirational and totally unique. To echo Alison's words, I am so proud and lucky to get to play with you all. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, ladies, you rocked this challenge again! ;)

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to the whole Our Creative Corner team - You have provided everyone with amazing inspiration this month! Love from Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to all of you, such fabulous projects and great inspiration! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful makes ladies. Gorgeously done. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are amazing! What a brilliant collection, each one showing a different take on the challenge theme and giving loads of inspiration to everyone. Well done teamies. Love, Margie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx